Thursday, June 12, 2008

THE ROUGH CUT...

Originally, I started mowing in low gear and overlapping. Then, I realized it would take forever, so I just put it in third and started hacking the grass. Now, I'll let the sun dry stuff out and hopefully mow again this afternoon.


Here's a closer perspective of the first pass...


The twenty horses are taking a well-deserved rest in the shade!


Playing "musical cars" makes the task of mowing the lawn even more fun. Since Wendy's at work, there's a spot in the garage where I'll pull one of these vehicles while I mow the back yard.


As I was coming in from the hour of mowing, I saw an ant. I'm posting this closeup of your struggling cousin in his waning moments of existence so all of you (ants) who check my 'blog regularly will realize that we're serious and STAY AWAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Almost looks like you had a hay field! I guess mowing again would eliminate the need to rake? :-) I like my "new" car very much - Joan and I went out to dinner to celebrate... The car had a little over 3/4 of a tank of gas, and Kevin (Bartel), the dealer, gave me a nice set of real heavy-duty floor mats..nice guy to deal with. Love to both, Aunt Mern

skier1998 said...

I enjoyed the tour immensely. Looks much better. :-) Why do my comments have to be "approved" by the blog owner? Were you getting spam? Or do you just have a need for control? ha ha.

Don said...

I probably DO have a control issue - you could ask some of my students over the years! :) However, the prompt for me approving all comments was a couple that were not from people I know (and I suspect not from people for whom English was their primary language, from the way they were written). They mentioned how nice my 'blog was, then had a big fat advertisement for theirs at the end! I didn't check them out, since often people who do that have less-than-noble intentions!