Monday, June 16, 2008

I HAVE A FRIEND!

Though many believe otherwise, I DO have a friend! His name is Art, and he lives in Norwood. He recently had a significant amount of work done to his house - new thermalpane windows, new doors, and new siding. Today was my first chance to see it, and the results are great! I walked around to look at it closely, and it really seems to be good workmanship as well.

Last year, he had the roof replaced, and so he's planning for this to be his major home renovation prior to retirement.

Here are a few pictures of the house. I don't have any "before" shots for comparison, but it's a dramatic difference.









And here he is - my friend Art! (Art is actually an experienced English teacher with whom I worked at Brasher Falls during 1988-1998. He has now become "one of the family" and is often seen enjoying a meal or a picnic with us!) This picture was taken when Art, Wendy, and I were enjoying lunch at Ducci's in Brasher Falls, which is a great restaurant, by the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! another nice blog posting :-) You really are going to spoil us! Art's house looks very nice with all it's improvements - AND, I notice his lawn is neatly mowed, Don :-). You didn't have a "before" picture of that either, I guess? Yours looks great, and I love the picture of the robin, and the "rabbit's view" before the lawn manicure...Love youse! Aunt Mern