Thursday, June 12, 2008

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

The title for this post comes from my suspicion about what the UPS driver will say the next time he delivers something to our house. This is somewhat embarrassing, and I don't have a great excuse. The past year was so busy that, even though my semester at Clarkson ended on May 2, I had so many things that were put off that I am still catching up! Now that my grades are submitted for the summer course at SUNY Potsdam (the final exam was Tuesday, June 10, which would have been my father's 78th birthday), I am desperately trying to get some things done, in a prioritized way.

So today, I begin the lawn. It is June 12, and I've only mowed my lawn ONCE this season, so it's pretty bad! Here we go...

This picture shows the front lawn (or shall I say
"hay field") before I began the project!


This would be a rabbit's view of the house - pretty nice, eh?
No wonder they are taking the yard over!


This is a strategic picture of the grass in front of the porch.
If you look closely, you can see the handle of my weed eater! :)


Here's what remains of the tree that came down in January (see earlier post).
I need to continue working at cutting this up and burning it.


Here's one of the tallest weeds in the front.
I actually already cut one down in the back that was quite a bit bigger.


In spite of the lack of maintenance, some of the wildflowers
from last year still blossomed!


Here's the entire "flower bed." (Weed bed?) :)


Step one - to make a path around the house with the weed eater...


More of my path progress - note the cool
orange fungus growing on some of the wood.


I saw this neat bug on a miniature daisy in the back yard.
It didn't seem to mind me getting very close for a macro shot.

I'll let you know when I finish the lawn, and share some pictures of the results.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice pics, Babe. My favorite is the one from the perspective of the rabbits! :o)

skier1998 said...

Yeah... I really like the rabbit's perspective as well. It makes me think of the movie, "Honey, I shrunk the kids!"