Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Day Alone...

After the late-night challenges from the previous day, Thursday, January 21, 2010 started early for both Wendy and me.  I was at home, by myself, up early to get ready for a day at SUNY Potsdam for two purposes - I was presenting in the morning for the Annual Teaching and Learning with Technology day, and then I was presenting in the afternoon for our semesterly student teaching seminar.  Student teaching was scheduled to begin on Monday, January 25, coinciding with the start of our spring semester, as always.

Meanwhile, on the upper east side of Manhattan, Wendy was getting ready to be at CRM by 6:30 a.m.  The morning after a trigger shot is a longer process than other morning monitoring, with an actual "class" in which all the details of egg retrieval, the IVF process, and the subsequent return of embryos to the womb, are discussed.  It's a pretty intense morning, and Wendy had to participate alone!  Additionally, she had to walk the eight blocks to the Center in the dark in order to be there on time.  Fortunately, that section of the city is a nice residential and professional area, so it was no problem at all for her.

After the testing and information session, Wendy walked back to the hotel, stopping at a Mobil station to get a muffin an some juice.  She napped for a while, as had become our custom during cycles, then had to return to the Center for a 1:30 p.m. appointment with her doctor, Owen Davis.  Having had a hysteroscopy shortly before this cycle, he was doing a followup to see the condition of her insides prior to the end stage of the process.  Things looked good, and she walked back to the hotel afterward, taking a slight detour to stop at McDonald's for a late lunch!

Not much happened on her end of things for the rest of the day, while my day was pretty packed from start to finish.  After getting very little sleep the night before, I gave my morning presentation, then had a 15-minute break to walk across campus and start my second presentation in the afternoon.  When I wrapped up the day around 3:30 p.m., I left campus and headed south, arriving back at the hotel at 9:45.  I made really good time, but was I ever tired!  :)



No comments: