Saturday, September 27, 2008

SO MANY NAMES...

Last evening and today, we enjoyed a Youth Retreat at Vermontville Camp in the Adirondacks. Although it rained on Friday evening, today was a pleasant, though rather humid, day spent with friends; much was accomplished on the grounds, and our sore bodies over the next few days will remind us of those efforts!

On the way home, we drove through St. Regis Falls, since the Vietnam Memorial Wall replica was on display at the school. Although I had seen it previously (it was in Massena many years ago), it had no less impact this time. In fact, since I'm several years older now than I was when I saw it last, it was probably more meaningful.

I have no close family members who have served in the military, but I have great respect for those who give up the comforts of home to protect our freedom from those who would take it away. From those who sacrificed their lives in years past to those who are on front lines today, in various domestic and foreign locations, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Here is a small, simple, and no doubt unnoticed tribute from me to you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Nice blog!! Yup!! my computer is up and runnin'
:-). I took it up to Hugh yesterday afternoon, then went to Joan's to fill out a paper she wanted me to do for Kevin. I was checking my e-mail at Joan's when Hugh came and brought my tower back... Joan and I had pizza for supper, then I came home but since I had come down with a slight (I hope) cold, I wasn't feeling very perky. This morning I got real brave and plugged everything in (no diagram):-)all by myself! Guess what, it worked....and here I am. Will be in touch more often now, Lord willing. Love you both, and thanks again for another comfy B&B experience. Aunt Mern