Monday, November 19, 2007

A BRIEF RESPITE...

My body is tired, my mind is confused;
I feel as if I have been greatly abused!
My back is so sore and my head has an ache,
You see, it's been weeks since I've had a short break!

Today I'll go home with no school work to do,
Maybe I'll sleep! Perhaps, talk to you!
Although I like math, there just comes a time
When I want it to be "out of sight, out of mind"!

I still "work" tomorrow - a meeting, a class,
But I'll be relaxed; I think I will pass!
And then I'll enjoy a few days at home
With loved ones and laughter - some time of my own!

And, in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm really looking forward to it! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know you was a poet, too :-). Pretty neat post!! As you can tell, I check pretty often :-). See you in a few days, Lord willing. Love to both....

skier1998 said...

Nice post. I guess if all else fails.... you could work on your poetry. ha ha. Have a good thanksgiving.

Don said...

We (the three people who read my 'blog and I) are all trying to decide whether I could "work on my poetry" because it NEEDS work, or whether I should "work on my poetry" because I have such a talent for it. Until I am able to confirm your specific intention, I'll refrain from any comments about the art of packing lunches. Heh heh...

Tiffany said...

That was an amazing poem!! You are incredible!! :) Luv ya!! Happy "Day After" Thanksgiving!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I keep looking for an update? :-)

Tiffany said...

Hey...are you there or did the turkey kick you into a permanent comatose state until the holidays are over? I hope not!! I can't wait to see you!! Love you lots!! :) By the way, can I rent a time slot to take a dip in the hottub over Christmas break?? :) Love you and see you soon!!