Friday, May 02, 2008

IT'S OVER...

Unless you have been a teacher, I don't think you can truly appreciate the feeling of having just graded the last paper in the stack. I am a teacher, and I appreciate the feeling; I'm experiencing it right now!

My final exams were Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. That means I spent all day Wednesday and yesterday grading, and several hours today. (This was with the help of Teaching Assistants too, and I thank them sincerely.) A pile of 200 papers, each 20 pages long, can be quite intimidating, but "I gave, I collected, I graded," and now they're finished.

I'm excited about a short break to refresh my mind for the summer class I teach, which starts in late May. At the same time, I'm feeling a bit melancholy about leaving Clarkson. Despite the challenge it presented, it has, in the past year, become a part of who I am; now, it's over.

We live, we breathe, we move on. Welcome summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mornin'! Glad to see an update...I've been waiting. :-). I'm sure you won't lack for something to do, but first enjoy a "break" and just catch up with yourself! Love you both lots! (Hang in there, Wendy - you're "break" is coming) :-). Aunt Mern

Anonymous said...

YAY - a new posting!! Glad to hear you're about to have a break - ENJOY!
Interesting that you're melancholy about Clarkson - things grow on us, don't they? But if you were overall more happy at SUNY Potsdam, then you should definitely be there, life is too short not to enjoy it as much as possible!